With its scenic views, mild climate, and friendly people, Vancouver is known around the world as one of the best places to live and is a popular tourist attraction.
Vancouver is also one of the most ethnically and linguistically diverse cities in Canada with 52% of the population speaking a first language other than English.
Vancouver has been host to many international conferences and events, including the 2010 Winter Olympics and 2010 Winter Paralympics.
The City of Vancouver is a coastal, seaport city on the mainland of British Columbia. Located on the western half of the Burrard Peninsula, Vancouver is bounded to the north by English Bay and the Burrard Inlet and to the south by the Fraser River.
Vancouver has a moderate, oceanic climate. Protected by the mountains and warmed by the Pacific ocean currents, Vancouver is one of the warmest cities in Canada. Although Vancouver has a reputation for rain, it actually ranks as the 9th rainiest location in Canada.
People come from all over the world to see Vancouver’s natural sights and more than 190 parks. Vancouver is also home to world class theatres and cultural spaces:
- Vancouver’s Stanley Park is a world renowned park and tourist attraction.
- Enjoy one of Vancouver’s most popular destinations and take advantage of all there is to do and see along the Seawall!
- Visit the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Park and Classical Chinese Garden in Vancouver – a tranquil garden right in the heart of Chinatown. The park is located at 578 Carroll St, Vancouver, BC.
- Visit VanDusen Botanical Garden located at 5251 Oak Street and be inspired by nature.
- Queen Elizabeth Park is home to some of the most beautiful and well maintained gardens in the world and the Celebration Pavillion, a facility perfect for weddings and other special occasions. The park is located at 4600 Cambie St.
- Step inside Bloedel Conservatory and be transported! Enclosed in a triodetic dome, Bloedel Conservatory is a lush year-round tropical garden with dazzling exotic plants and eye-catching birds.
- The Orpheum at 601 Smithe Street is one the most beautiful concert halls in North America. Built in 1927 and refurbished in 2009, the 2,600-seat Orpheum is a designated National Heritage Site.
- The Queen Elizabeth Theatre at 650 Hamilton St in downtown Vancouver is one of Canada’s largest proscenium theatres with 2,765 seats. Refurbished in 2009, the theatre hosts opera, Broadway, music, presentations, and a broad spectrum of entertainment shows.
About Lighthouse Marketing
Lighthouse Marketing Inc. specializes in visually appealing, mobile friendly website design. We are an independently owned 18 year old Canadian company based in the Lower Mainland of BC, not affiliated with any other organization in North America bearing a similar name.
In addition to our existing website services, the past 3 years has seen dynamic growth in the area of SEO services, particularly with regard to local search. Our evolution to a full service SEO company means that we now offer complete online business solutions that involve Google local search as well as an effective social media strategy.
Lighthouse Marketing services the Surrey, Langley, Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, White Rock, Delta, New Westminster, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, and Abbotsford areas, as well as other locations throughout the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.